Registration is now open for the EURAMET Training on measurement uncertainty in volume measurement on 28 and 29 November 2017 at BEV, Vienna, Austria.
The training aims at improving the knowledge of the laboratory staff of EURAMET NMI and DIs on measurement uncertainty in static volume measurement. The training course will provide participants with an overview including refreshing the theoretical background and basic principles of measurement uncertainty determination and application in conformity assessment, followed by a deeper insight into determination of measurement uncertainty in three most frequent fields of static volume measurement.
Participants are expected to have knowledge of statistics related to uncertainty determination.
- Measurement uncertainty – Basic principles and background
- Determination of measurement uncertainty according to GUM
- Propagation of distributions using a Monte Carlo method (GUM Supplement 1)
- Role of measurement uncertainty in conformity assessment
- Uncertainty determination in Calibration of volumetric equipment using gravimetric method
- Uncertainty determination in Calibration of micropipettes using gravimetric method
- Uncertainty determination in Calibration of standard test method and proving tanks by the volumetric method
- Practical exercises – Group working on practical examples
- Working in groups, 4-5 participants
- Presentation of the outcome, discussion
Registration is necessary by Friday, 27 October 2017. However, the registration may be closed earlier if all available places are filled.
More information is available at EURAMET Training on measurement uncertainty in volume measurement.