The pipe::scan is an innovative, modular sensor system for monitoring drinking water quality in pipes under pressure. It is ACS drinking water certified and measures up to 10 key parameters in one device: TOC, DOC, UV254, Turbidity, Color, Chlorine, pH or Redox, Conductivity, Temperature and Pressure.
The real-time data can be transmitted to any central database via almost any communication protocol using the revolutionary terminal con::cube. Therefore multiple pipe::scans are the ideal solution to monitor drinking water at any point in the distribution network.
With its unique benefits the pipe::scan is expected to revolutionize the drinking water industry. The pipe::scan provides:
- Accurate, reportable measurements in perfect agreement to standardised lab reference… not just “trending”
- In-pipe Organics and Turbidity monitoring
- Totally flow-independent, even works under stagnating conditions
- Hot-maintenance, without interrupting the flow/pressure, and for each sensor indivually
- Local contamination event detection software with real-time alarms, tested by US-EPA
- 6 months service time: Efficient, reliable stand-alone operation without maintenance
The pipe::scan has been ACS drinking water certified by the independent French institute CARSO, which is accredited by the French Ministry of Health to evaluate, test and certify materials and products which are in contact with water intended for human consumption. The Attestation de Conformité Sanitaire (ACS) is the Certificate of Sanitary Conformity that ensures all materials used in a product and in contact with water are safe.
The con::cube is a compact, powerful and versatile terminal for data acquisition and station control. Integrating the newest processor technology, con::cube’s very flexible options for interfacing to sensors, SCADA or any central database system make it perfect for remote monitoring. Due to its low power consumption, this terminal fits the requirements for operation in decentralised installation sites.
Find out more about the pipe::scan at www.s-can.at/pipescan