Water is largely transparent to ultraviolet and visible light. The STAC2 analyser measures the absorbance of ultraviolet light, at a broad range of wavelengths. Organic content of the sample stream absorbs UV light, and thus the measurement of UV absorbance provides an adequate indication of the organic concentration in the sample.
It thereby creates a unique fingerprint of the water. The STAC2 absorbance signal can be correlated using different chemical methods such as BOD/COD/TOC and nitrates by applying a mathematical adjustment factor or gradient to the measured value.
If the water source changes, the correlation gradient may also change. The STAC2 has the flexibility to use 4 different streams and to combine this with up to 10 different models per sample stream.
As UV absorbance may be affected by the turbidity content of water, the STAC2 analyser does compensate for this.
Monitoring your real-time data was never been so simple!
STAC2 Full SpectrumTechnology and Data Handling:
The STAC2 scans and measures the entire absorption spectrum and creates a unique fingerprint from the sample. STAC technology is used by many customers worldwide as a vital decision making tool in their water quality monitoring. The STAC2 is the only analyser in the world that can measure and analyze a multitude of organic substances without using reagents.
“the STAC2 analyser is a technologically advanced instrument, able to be connected to an Ethernet or WIFI network”
There is no screen on the instrument itself, and the human interface is based on an embedded Web page, which users can access via the network. This Web Page enables the customer to manage the entire configuration, status and results of the STAC2.
STAC2 – a genuine “industrial” UV-Vis analyzer:
The STAC2 uses innovative and patented technology to perform the following tasks:
- Estimate Organic Matter (BOD, COD, TOC) content, assess the TSS level and measure nitrate concentration.
- Check and detect undesirable substances (pesticides, aromatic hydrocarbons, etc.)
- Monitor water quality with continuous multi-parameter and nitrate analyses for surface water (rivers, lakes, & reservoirs). The analyser is ideal in the event of accidental pollution, especially for organic contaminants, municipal or industrial WWTP disruption
- Monitor influents and effluents for Wastewater Treatment Plants. As with surface waters, STAC2 can monitor water pollution (BOD, COD, TSS, NO3-) and water quality.
- Handle industrial applications such as high level chloride or organic chemicals.
STAC2 datamining & connectivity:
The STAC2 analyser is a technologically advanced instrument that connects to an Ethernet or WIFI network.
The Web platform enables you to:
- Visualize your data in table or graph format,
- Export your data on an external USB storage stick.
- Set up fluid, sequential sampling and measurement parameters.
- Set up WIFI and Ethernet connectivity parameters.
In this example, data is saved every 15 minutes (editable by the user). It is possible to see the measurements tables or graphs (time scale modifiable by users: day, week or month).