MaxiMet® Marine is the newest member of the Gill MaxiMet® range of compact, integrated, multi-parameter weather stations. MaxiMet products are already well established in marine applications and Gill R&D have now taken the marine performance in MaxiMet Marine to a higher level. Typical applications include buoys, unmanned surface vessels, helidecks and offshore wind farms.
MaxiMet Marine has enhanced marine performance including:
- Environmental protection to IP68 (as well as IP66) – water resistant including temporary submersion
- 6-axis compass – compensates for tilt and provides pitch and roll data
- High quality, solid state sensors – reliable, accurate measurement with no moving parts
MaxiMet Marine also offers the core MaxiMet features:
- Easy set-up and integration – configurable single line output for easy data collection
- Robust construction
- Low power Eco Mode for power sensitive applications
- Minimal maintenance – low cost of ownership
MaxiMet Marine offers the following parameters: Wind, speed & direction, temperature, humidity & pressure, GPS (option)
Gill MaxiMet compact weather stations have been extensively deployed by a wide range of commercial, scientific and government organisations. The models are used on land and marine applications both for stand-alone measurement or integrated into larger systems. The Maximet range is popular for its robust design, accurate measurement and ease of use.
Gill Instruments is a leader in the design and manufacture of meteorological measurement equipment including ultrasonic anemometers and weather stations. Gill is based in the UK with facilities including R&D, manufacturing, sales and customer support but also sells across the world through a long established base of highly experienced distributors.